Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dream Cast Saturday #2 *Special

My dream cast today will be over the entire series of Mythos Academy by Jennifer Estep, because honestly I don't think I would like it much if only the first movie, Touch of Frost, came out. I will not be including a review because it is over the whole series and not just one book.

When I first picked up, Touch of Frost, I did not think I would love the story and characters as much as I do. I loved where their story went and how I could easily click with Gwen, with her will to fight for her friends and do what she had to. I also loved that she did not give up on Logan where some people would have, to me it showed that their relationship was more real than most YA relationships that happen in books. This series held my full attention until the very end and I am sad to see it go. I will tell you this was really hard to do, because after fully reading 7 books and starting the 8th book, I'm really set in my opinion of what the characters should look like, and honestly there is like no actor or actress out there that is what I imagined the characters from this book to look like. So all of my picks are the closest to how I imagined the characters to be.



Dream Cast:
Gwen Frost played by Haley Ramm



I will admit that I have seen some of the movies that Haley Ramm starred in, but I can not tell you if she is a good actress or not (because I don't recall her specifically), but she was the closest in appearance to what I imagined Gwen to look like.







Logan "freaking" Quinn played by Drew Roy



Couldn't you just imagine Drew Roy with ice-blue eyes? There's really nothing else to say, he's probably one of the few actors who actually matched how I imagined the character to look like.






Daphne Cruz played by Dove Cameron




And Dove Cameron was a pretty good match to what I imagined Daphne to look like.








Carson Callahan played by Freddie Highmore


Carson was probably my hardest character to search for and as you can see I didn't find one that perfectly fit the description (Ok, maybe I did: Asa Butterfield, but honestly - even though he is 16 - when I last saw him in Ender's Game, to me he looked like he was 13 - although he is a good actor).  Just imagine Freddie Highmore with glasses!







Oliver Hector played by Alexander Ludwig



Alexander Ludwig won me over with his acting in The Hunger Games, and I think he would make a perfect Oliver. Although, he wasn't exactly how I imagined Oliver to look like.








Alexei Sokolov played by Joshua Bowman



Joshua Bowman pretty much nailed what I though Alexei looked like, so of course I will pick him to play the part. I also think that he is a good actor, although he looks older than what I imagined of Alexei.







Vivian Holler played by Rose Leslie




I have never seen Rose Leslie act so I don't know if she is a good or not, but she looked a lot like what I imagined Vivian to look like, and I never know she could be good.







Geraldine Frost played by Vanessa Redgrave



I loved Vanessa Redgrave's performance in Letters to Juliet, and she looks like someone who would have the personality of Gwen's grandmother, Geraldine.









Aurora Metis played by Jennifer Connelly




I think she would be a perfect Prof. Metis if her hair was black.








Nickamedes played by Colin Farrell


I can say that Colin Farrell was not a perfect match to what I thought Nickamedes looked like, but I could not find anyone who matched exactly what I thought, so I ended up just going with an actor I liked, Colin Farrell.





Linus Quinn played by Jesse Spencer


The same thing that happened with Nickamedes happened with Linus Quinn, and again I went with an actor I liked, Jesse Spencer, who I think could pull of the character.









Agrona Quinn played by Patricia Arquette



I thought Kristen Bell did a great job in You Again, and I think she definitely looks the part of Agrona, so I think she could pull her off.








Raven played by Mary Beth Peil



Honestly, I'm going to say I feel like any older actress could pull of playing Raven, but I definitely think Mary Beth Peil looks more like the Raven imagined.








Rachel Maddox played by Kate Beckinsale




With black hair, I think Kate Beckinsale would be the perfect Rachel Maddox.








AND

Rory Forseti played by Nina Dobrev



Rory was probably the hardest out of all of them to come up with. I finally settled on Nina Dobrev, who with black hair, would be a pretty great fit for Rory.







Who do you think would make a perfect cast for Mythos Academy? I would love to hear about it in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment