Friday, November 8, 2013

New Experience

I know I havn't posted in some time - I've been very busy, especially with it being my first semester in college.

Anyway, I've recently started reviewing books for authors. It's fun and I enjoy it tremendously. It also gives me the chance to read other books that my local library does not normally get. These books that I have been reading are the books that my library really should look into :)

One of these books happens to be Love and Cola Wars by Heidi Loney. First thing I want to mention is that as a retelling of Romeo and Juliet (or as I like to say a regular Romeo and Juliet), I had my doubts just because I'm not a huge fan of the original storyline, but I decided that I could give it a shot. And I was impressed to say the least! It wasn't at all sad like I imagined, not saying it didn't have it's sad moments - but what book doesn't? This book was such a cute, light read that those moments of sadness did not deter me from reading. I learned one thing out of this that just because I adhore Romeo and Juliet, does not mean I should assume all of the retellings will be just as bad.

If you are in the mood for a cute, light (and maybe a little cheesy :) ) read that can bring a smile to your face, then I would definitely give this book a chance.


The book that I will be reviewing next is Reaping me Softly by Kate Evangelista. But check out my next blog post over the best "dark" covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment