Saturday, February 15, 2014

Dream Cast Saturday #1

I have decided that every Saturday (that I can, that is), I will post a dream cast for a book that I have recently read. This week it will be for Unremembered by Jessica Brody. Along with my dream cast, I will always post the review(s) for the book or series.

This week's will only have the review for Unremembered by Jessica Brody, and not a review for the prequel book Undiscovered.


Dream Cast:
Violet/Seraphina(Sera) played by Laura Marano




This was the closest to how I imagined Violet to look like, not to mention that I think Laura Marano is actually a talented actress. And I, personally, think Laura and Jean-Luc would make a perfect on-screen couple.






Zen played by Jean-Luc Bilodeau


Jean-Luc Bilodeau was the closest to what I imagined Zen to look like as I was reading this book.






Kiyana played by Viola Davis


I do want to mention that she was not my first choice, but my first choice played in a Christian film called Fireproof, and she was a volunteer from Sherwood Baptist, so I was unable to find her. Viola Davis is my second choice for the role of Kiyanna, and she won me over from her performance in Prisoners.







Heather Carlson played by Brittany Snow



Heather just made me think of someone who was blonde, and Brittany Snow was the first blonde actress to pop into my mind. She wowed me with her performance in Prom Night and Pitch Perfect.







Scott Carlson played by Ryan Reynolds

Ryan Reynolds was my first thought when Scott came into the picture. This may be due to the fact that I watch movies he is in all the time, and he was just there in my mental image of the storyline of the book, but Scott stayed as Ryan Reynolds every time he was mentioned so that is why he is in my dream cast.





Cody possibly played by CJ Adams


I really wanted to cast Cody, but there was just no young actors that I could find that looked anything like the image I had in my mind of him. The closest was CJ Adams, who just didn't cut it for me, who as you can clearly see does not have blonde curly hair or blue eyes. Just image that his hair is curly and blonde and that would be who I saw as Cody. Isn't he just adorable? Lol! Also, I really think that he could totally pass as a child of Brittany Snow and Ryan Reynolds, so it would look believable on screen (but again that is just a personal opinion).




Maxxer played by Glenn Close



Glenn close is pretty much a perfect match to how I imagined Rylan Maxxer, although in my imagination Maxxer has a slightly darker grey hair, and not white-grey hair.






Review:
I want to start of by saying the first two pages of this book immediately grasped my attention, and then for the rest of the book, I was just captivated by the story. I was intrigued from the very last line of the prologue (or Chapter 0 as it is labeled in this book). I'm also very caught up whenever an author creates characters for violet eyes, which (as silly as it seems) made me a little more optimistic about this book. Not that it really needed that extra touch to win me over. I really liked the personality of Kiyanna and wished that she'd had a larger character role in the book. I really loved Violet (I couldn't bring myself to fully see her as Seraphina, maybe that will change in the next book, but for this book I saw her as Violet). She had such a vibrant personality and unique talent with counting and numbers which I liked. Zen was a pretty amazing character too. The romance between the two was also pretty great! The Carlsons were! I loved Cody and his sense of sarcasm because he reminded me of one of my good friends where almost everything that came out of his mouth was coated with sarcasm. Heather was awesome, and I loved how protective of Violet she was, and Scott was just kind of there, not that I didn't like him at all. The ending left me upset... and not in a bad way... but a sad way because I wouldn't be able to get my hands onto the second book as soon as I would have like... more specifically right now!


So who would your dream cast be of this book or maybe just your dream cast of Violet and Zen? Let me know in the comments! I also may add the rest of the characters that aren't up there, but I just couldn't think of anyone specific at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment